Today post i want to show you how to build an email list from your blog website in the best way ever.
So you can start collecting subscribers from your blog. Having a blog is cool but building your email list is super cool.
So if your still looking for steps on setting up an email list, here is a detailed guide for building an email list from scratch. One thing i want you to know is that, a good email list is the key to a successful email marketing, that is while is very important to learn how to start building your list in a good way and early.
Because once you’ve a good list, then there will be success on your email marketing. I could remember very well when i started my blog that i didn’t start building my email list on time that resulted in wasting of my traffic.
I don’t want what happened to me to happen to you, and that is while building your email list on time is very very important as a marketer or blogger because the visitors you get today may never come back again to your blog.
REASONS FOR BUILDING AN EMAIL LIST
Even without telling you the reasons while you should build an email list, you should know by yourself that is very important to build your list.
There are many reasons while we build our email list, and you too should consider doing yourself good by start building your email list.
Reasons while we build email list are:
- To Notify Your Subscribers Of A New Post On Your Blog: You build your email list to notify your subscribers that you’ve a fresh content on your blog.
- To Drive Targeted Traffic: The reason while we still build an email list is to target traffic to your blog.
- Promote Products: We build an email list to promote products to our subscribers and make money.
- Sell Your Services: Selling your services using an email list is still the best way of making money with your list.
How To Make An Email List
l’ll recommend you to follow the steps below guide in setting up your email list.
Step one: Create an Autoresponder account: Building your email list start by creating an Autoresponder account.
You should know what i mean by autoresponder. In case you don’t know, an autoresponder is a software or too that is used to send emails to thousands of people at once. And there are many autoresponders software that you can create an account with.
Software like Hubspot, Mailchimp, Convertkit, Autopilot, Aweber, getresponse and many others, but i personal recommend Getresponse because that is what i personally use my self for my email list building and marketing. And a lot of big brands, companies use GetReasponse as email marketing.
Listen to what happy customers said about GetResponse:
****GetResponse gives me the ability to follow up with fresh leads and keep them engaged with my brand==BY ROBERT WAVER.
****Great platform, easy to make high- quality emails, landing pages, ARS, forms, funnels==BY PAMELA MOSS.
***GetResponse is a must try email marketing tool. It offers a lot of features in one, well designed platform==BY MAXIME HAMELIN.
And many more of what happy customers said about getresponse.
And the great thing about getresponse autoresponder is that you have free 30 days trial, which means if your not satisfy with their service you can delete your account after 30 days free trial.
Step two: Create your list on GetResponse to collect subscribers: Once you’ve successfully created your free account with GetResponse depending on the autoresponder you want to use.
The next step is to create a new list and give it a name. As you can see on the image below.
But if your not using getresponse, there are still guide you can follow on those autoresponder sites.
That is that.
Step three: Write your Autoresponder email: Autoresponder emails are emails the visitors who subscribe to your list get instantly from you once they enter their contact information.
You can choose to set up 1-2 autoresponder emails that will be following your new subscribers up from getresponse dashboard before you can notify them of any new stuff.
Step four: Create an opt-in page for your blog: Now, the next step is to create an opt-in page for visitors to enter their contact information and subscribe to your list while they are still browing through your blog.
While setting up your opt-in page, i want you to have this in mind.
- Make sure you choose an attractive headline: The headline will describe the important thing they will be getting from you by subscribing to your list.
- Make your opt-in page simple: Make sure your opt-in page is simple so your visitors can easily subscribe to your list, not the one that will push then away from dropping their contact information
Must Read: How to start a wordpress blog
Step five: Set-up a pop-up form: There are many pop-up plugins out there that you can use to pop-up your opt-in page once visitor land on your blog.
So, you should consider installing pop-up plugin or setting up a pop up account with pop-up site. There are many pop-up plugins which are,
And make sure you design your pop-up form very well and also set up the time it should display to visitors.
How To Get Subscribers To Your Email List
There are many ways to build your email list, either through paid methods or free methods. Which ever way you wish building your list. But l’ll share the few ways to get subscribers, because is useless setting up an email list without subscribers.
the next thing you should focus your mind upon now is getting subscribers that is (traffic to your blog).
Ways To Build Your List:
- Through Facebook Ad: one of the way to build your list or getting traffic or subscribers is by running Facebook ad. You can target traffic by running ad.
- SEO: the greatest way of getting traffic or subscribers to your list is by configuring your blog for SEO, so with that, you’ll be getting free traffic.
- Target a keyword: the mistake i see many bloggers make is just write content without targeting any particular keyword. You can build your email list and get endless traffic to your blog by targeting a particular keyword just like the one am targeting here on how to make an email list in gmail, if you can see that’s the keyword this content based upon.
Those are the few ways to get traffic to your blog because more traffic more subscribers and more money.
Hope you get it now?
You can see that setting up an email list is very simple and also important to your online business (email marketing).
And building your email list should start very early, don’t delay. And make sure visitor opt-in to your list by displaying the pop-up, and try following them up with the autoresponder emails you set up earlier.
And don’t forget to provide value to them, very important.
Now, Over To You:
I hope these article helped you on how to create an email list right? So, don’t forget to drop comment on the comment section below.
And don’t forget to use the share bottom below this post to share with everyone everywhere you know. And most importantly, don’t forget to subscribe to my affiliate marketing training below to download your free eBook on how to make over 150k+ from affiliate marketing in Nigeria Every Single Month. Click here to download now.
Sharing is caring.